Wednesday, October 22, 2008

memories

When i was a little kid my grandpa and me went fishing alot. One day, it was a nice day, we went to the pond and unloaded everything out of the pickup and got ready to start. I was ready to do it on my own so i got my tackle box and pole and went off on my own but still were my grandpa could see me when i got a catch all by myself. I got my pole ready and threw the line out and got ready for the wait. Well as a little kid you have a short attention span and naturally i got bored so i rigged some sticks together to were i could see if i was getting a bite but could still do something else. So i sat down and start throwing little rocks in the water and  my grandpa heard me and told me to stop throwing rocks in the water. So, i did and started doing something different then i heard a huge splash! My grandpa said to stop throwing rocks again. I turned around and looked for my pole and it wasn't there and i saw a little splash. I said "grandpa i didn't throw rocks, the fish took my pole". Naturally i felt dumb because i wanted to show him i could do it myself. We eventually got the pole outa the water but what upset me was that i didn't even get the fish!

No comments: